By now, talking about the benefits of converting customers to subscribed members is like talking about the benefits of keeping clean oil in your car–it’s simply the best way to keep your business running efficiently. According to this article, 70% of business leaders believe subscription models are the key to growth and expansion. But for the unattended carwash owner, affordable subscription solutions didn’t exist until recently. So allow me to show off some of the features that make Coinless’s Wash Club product stand out among the others. While I do, keep in mind this tool is part of Coinless’s BASIC set of software features; it comes at no extra cost, no revenue share, and no additional hardware:
- CONVERSION FUNNEL – From the moment a customer downloads the app at your carwash, our user experience (UX) is designed to funnel them to Wash Club. We subtly make it obvious to your frequent customers that Wash Club is ideal for them, and your casual customers will quickly understand the economic benefits in joining too.
- SIMPLE TERMS – A confusing subscription is less effective. Coinless Wash Club couldn’t be more simple: “Pay X, Get Y!” It’s that easy. The operator chooses a minimum monthly payment for which they will allow the customer to join, the customer agrees to an automatic, monthly withdrawal, and the operator rewards their loyalty with additional credits. The operator chooses the amount that best suit the business. Many of our operators offer a “Double Your Money With Wash Club” program. That seems to work well.
- AUTONOMOUS UP-SELLING – Like all well-designed apps, the Coinless app has built-in triggers that queue the right messages at the right time in the customer journey. When a customer gets low on Wash Club credits, the app will ask them if they want a boost to get through the rest of the month. Of course, now that they’re members, they wouldn’t want to go back to paying the real amount for services, so a boost is a no-brainer. Then we take it one step further; once the customer purchases the boost, the app asks them if they want to upgrade to a higher monthly amount. Imagine needing a boost for two months in a row…think you might upgrade?
- MEMBERS ARE ROYALTY – The Coinless app does what it can to make customers feel special. Members should feel above worrying about the number of credits they have to spend, which is why we only talk about credits once they get low (see item #3). This creates a feeling of having unlimited credits, which is crucial in keeping your members content and subscribed.
- LOSS AVERSION – The next important factor is keeping your customers onboard. Few forces are as powerful in retail as the psychological principle of loss aversion. Members get their reward every month, and they keep getting it as long as they remain a member. If a customer decides to cancel, we politely remind them they will lose all their bonus Wash Club credits. Enter loss aversion. Customers just don’t like feeling like they’re losing something (they’re not), and most stay on board because of loss aversion.
- REPORTING – Data is king. When you adopt a monthly subscription program, you should know a few metrics offhand; MRR, # of Members, Avg. Subscription Amount, LTV, Churn Rate, Redeem Rate, etc. We provide all these metrics in a handsome portal to help you with your Wash Club decision-making. We even collect information from reasons from cancelling members and report it back to you so you can understand how to better customize the program to your customer demographic.
Wash Club is a software feature that some of our competitors sell as their only product, and pricing is often calculated as a revenue share from the subscriptions. That’s not how Coinless does it. Wash Club is just one of the many stopping points along the Coinless customer journey. It’s one of the best stopping points for sure, but we don’t think that should come at an extra cost to the operator. It’s just part of the monthly SaaS package you get in Coinless’s feature-packed, cloud-based point-of-sale platform.
For pricing and an understanding of the Coinless system, visit coinlessmobile.com/onboarding
To speak with a specialist about the Coinless software solution, call (801) 899-0183